Our offices offer a wide variety of eyeglass lenses to fit our patient’s varying lifestyles and vision needs.Our highly-trained staff is available at all times to educate you about the latest in lens technology like anti-reflective or scratch-resistant coatings. We ask all our patients to fill out a lifestyle questionnaire to help us better pinpoint the different options ideally suited for their needs.
Some of our available lenses include:
- High Index Lenses. These lenses are thinner and lighter than traditional plastic lenses, which makes them perfect for those with high prescriptions.
- Multifocal Lenses. They correct for near and distance vision (bifocal) or near, middle and distance vision (trifocal).
- Progressive Lenses. These lenses correct for near, middle and distance vision without the lines of bifocal or trifocal lenses
- Transitions ® Lenses. These lenses are great multi-taskers — they start out clear indoors, but darken automatically when you go outside.
- Polycarbonate Lenses. These lightweight, impact and shatter-resistant lenses are our first choice for children and most adults.
- Polarized Lenses. These lenses are ideal for the harsh Florida sunlight. They reduce glare and provide protection from harmful UV rays. Polarized lenses are essential for fishing enthusiasts, bikers, campers, boaters, athletes or anyone who spends a large amount of time outside.
Would you like to do some research on your lens options before visiting the office? Please peruse the EyeGlass Guide:The interactive EyeGlass Guide was created to help you better understand the many lens choices available in today’s market.
This on-line tool will guide you through a series of questions about you, your lifestyle and your specific eyewear needs. At the end, you’ll receive eyewear suggestions specifically tailored to meet your needs. EyeGlass Guide brought to you by Transitions®
Sunglasses, Sport & Protective Eyewear
Protecting your eyes is one of our top priorities — especially living in Central Florida. UV radiation and excessive glare can be damaging to the long-term health of your vision — studies have shown sun exposure to contribute to early cataracts and macular degeneration.
Don’t confine yourself to the indoors – purchase a great set of sunglasses to preserve your vision while you enjoy the beautiful Florida weather.
Protect your family’s eyes with one of our sunwear options. Our locations have something for everyone with our adult and children’s sunglasses, polarized and transitions lenses, custom clip-ons, in-house lens tinting and specialized brands such as Ray-Ban and Wiley-X.
Our sunwear options include both prescription and nonprescription lenses and frames in fashionable styles with prices to match any budget.
We also carry Z87 standard, safety-approved eyewear for all ages. Perfectly suited for bikers and active people, these are the best way to safeguard your eyesight.
We have resources to work with nationally known safety glass manufacturers to provide for all of your sports or protective eyewear needs. Most of these styles are approved for job-related requirements.
We take pride in our branch’s frame selection. Oviedo and Port St John Eye Care offers high-quality and affordable frames for men, women, teens and children. Our branches carry frames in a variety of styles, from the latest, high-fashion trends by designers like Fendi or Juicy Couture to timeless, traditional and classic styles offered by Jones of NY, Modern or Nicole Miller. We also carry a high-quality budget line for people looking to maximize their style while minimizing the impact on their pocket book.
Both the Oviedo and Port St John locations have full service opticals with professionally trained staff that is ready, willing and able to help you find the perfect style, size and color in your price range. From sturdy titanium to lightweight plastic, our offices carry over 1000 frames in stock so you can be assured you will find something that you not only like, but that you absolutely love.
If you cannot find something you love in one of our branches, we would love to special order a frame just for you. We have extensive agreements with many manufacturers, and if it’s a brand we carry (or have carried in the past), we can get you any frame in their catalog. We are constantly bringing in new frames and adding new brands to our inventory — you never know what you’ll see when you walk in!
Here is just a sample of what we carry:
Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Ray Ban, Coach, Gucci, Tumi, Lacoste, Nine West
In recent years, tremendous advancements have been made in the area of contact lenses. As a result, more patients of all ages and vision needs are finding success with contact lens wear. Our professionally trained staff will discuss your questions, concerns and goals before making appropriate recommendations. They are educated in the latest contact lens technology and are experienced in prescribing and dispensing a wide variety of high-quality contact lens, including all major brands of soft and ridged lenses, along with custom designed contact lenses for special needs or special eye problems. We are also experienced in cosmetic contact lenses designed to either alter your eye color slightly or change it dramatically.
Your contact lens experience starts with a comprehensive eye exam by one of our highly-trained doctors. Additional procedures are then performed to evaluate the health of your cornea and related structures, tear film evaluation, measure the pupil and iris and measure the curvature of your cornea. Our staff will then interview you before making a recommendation on your lenses. If you are new to contacts, they will teach you how to insert, remove and care for your contacts. You are given a free diagnostic pair of lenses and scheduled for a follow-up visit so that they can evaluate the fit of the contacts, along with your vision and comfort level. If necessary, other follow up visits will be scheduled so we can find the contact lens that best fits your eyes and lifestyle.
Customer Service Standard of Care
Every medical profession has what is called a ‘standard of care’ – the average, prudent care a particular provider should give to a patient to ensure they are performing their job correctly.
Oviedo and Port St John Eye Care have what we call our “Customer Service Standard of Care.”
Our staff stands behind:
- Our in-store frames’ quality. We believe in the quality of our products so much so that we offer a free one-year warranty on every regular frame we sell in one of our branches. If your glasses break within the one-year period (due to a manufacturer’s defect), please return them to us and we’ll repair or replace them absolutely free.
- Our in-store frames prices. If you find a lower price on an identical pair of frames (same make, model and color) in the local area, bring us the price within 30 days of your purchase and we will refund the difference or give you a credit to be used on a future purchase!**
- Our prices on contact lenses. If you find a lower price on contacts (excluding membership-based wholesale clubs), let us know and we will be more than happy to match it.
- Our prescription. Within 30 days, our doctors are available to review your prescription needs and recheck your vision if you have adaptation difficulties (at no charge). We want you to love your glasses!
- Our service. We truly believe our service is unmatched. Appointments are unnecessary if you need an eyeglass adjustment, simple repair or cleaning. Simply come by during regular office hours and we’d be happy to help.
** We apologize, but due to the complexities of insurance company billing this guarantee can only apply to private pay, non-insurance patients. Thank you for your understanding.